I love working from home, it does come with a few challenges, but seriously it was the best decision I ever made. Friends, family and potential team members often ask me how I do it, what it’s like and I give my Oiled by Nature team (made up of mainly moms) insights and coach them to make the most of their working at home experience.
Since I love watching others succeed at their business I have decided to share a little bit of my life as a work from home mom through Facebook. To share the good, the bad and the downright nitty gritty how to survive as a Ladyboss with all the guilt and all the glory!
If you would like to know more about working from home, starting your own business, or sharpening your WAHM skills follow me through my Facebook page Dutch Bossbabe.
Two things I want to share with you to start this year off are
Let’s make it a great year people ~ !
I don’t think i have any readers left after my dreadful lack of posting in the last year (only 9).
Catching up just wasn’t do-able so i’ve decided to let go, you can’t always be a 10 and that’s ok too. This is what I’ve learned in 2012 ! Since my one little word for 2012 was Embrace I’d say that I chose pretty well.
I’ve decided not to make new years resolutions for this year, rather I’ve chosen to make a bucketlist, much more fun and less pressure to live up to (inspired by the greatest blogger & mom I know). Some of the things I have been thinking up/pondering about whether to add to my list are getting a small tattoo (hey I’m 42 so why not) and trying insanity workout (DH found the program) = to be continued ….
Definately going on my bucketlist are ;
- Help sea turtles
- Watch baby sea turtles make their way to the sea
- a trip to NY without the kids (dudes are not happy with this one)
- a trip to NY with the kids (LOL)
- joining Geef jij het door (the whole family is joining btw)
- completing granny a day for a year (cheating a bit on this one since I tried this last year so I already have a few)
- joining in and sticking to it FMSphotoaday
- take part in a 5 km run possibly 10
- organizing a small local creative market
- Visiting all the Dutch Islands (Texel, Vlieland, Terschelling, Ameland, Schiermonnikoog)
- Mudflat hiking (Wadlopen)
- cuddle a seal
- see some of the worldwonders The Aurora Boreali, Great Pyramid of Giza, the great barrier reef, Grand Canyon, Stonehege, pyramids, Colloseum.
- Book a Romantic trip with my big dude
- Vacation in Hawaii, Mauritius, the ABC Islands
- Actually make things I pin
I like my list so far, what do you think ?
Did you know you can freeze cakepops ? Before dipping them in candymelts that is.
The good thing about the freezing part is that whenever you have a get together with friends and want to bring something you can; thaw, dip and treat your hosts to some yummy cakepops.